Use The Right Study Resources
Your course may have a syllabus or learning materials but its never a bad idea to put together a reading list of your own. Consider reading Strategic Project Management Made Simple: Practical Tools for Leaders and Teams or Project Management: Absolute Beginners Guide to learn more about the job and its requirements.
Project Management By Oxford Home Study College: One Of The Best Short Courses For Project Management
Oxford Home Study College offers a wide selection of free project manager short courses, including this Project Management short course that’s created for absolute beginners. This short course for project management is divided into three parts: an introduction to project management, an overview of the project manager role, and a breakdown of the project life cycle.
After completing this course, you can claim one of three types of certificates for a small fee, including an official Course Completion Certificate from Oxford Home Study Centre, a CPD Accredited Certificate, or an Endorsed Certificate issued by the Quality Licence Scheme.
And as mentioned, there are many other HSC courses available, with tiered courses for project management moving up to international and advanced diploma courses, and a comprehensive set of courses covering Six Sigma methodology from beginner to expert.
What Is The Pmi Audit Process
The submission of your application indicates your agreement to comply with the terms of the audit process. In case your application is selected for the audit, you will be notified by email prior to payment of the certification fee. Please submit the following documents during the audit:
You have 90 days to submit the requested documentation. Once you provide all the necessary documentation required for the audit process, It will take 5-7 business days for the audit process to be completed.
You can send your completed audit forms either by regular postal mail or by express courier service to the address mentioned below. Make sure to send all the audit documents in one envelope as sending those documents separately can lead to a delay in the audit review process.
You May Like: Do I Need An Ssl Certificate
Cssbb: Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
CSSBB is an internationally recognized certification that is accredited by the ASQ institute. Even though the validity of the certification is only for three years, it takes about 18 more certifications to get this particular one, which means till you reach CSSBB, you will already have 18 right in your pocket. This certification ensures a lot of good, high paying opportunities for all certificate holders.
- Completion of at least 2 different types of projects before.
- An experience of at least 3 years as a project manager in the field.
- Past project affidavits to showcase your work.
- $540 per exam or per attempt
Mpm: Master Project Manager
The American Academy of Project Management issues the Master Project Manager certification to applicants who meet their commission requirements of education, training, experience, industry knowledge, ethics, and continuing education. In fact, not just project managers, individuals with business and technical responsibilities can also appear for this certification.
- Three years worth of project management experience and training
- Fee waivers are available for professionals holding a masters degree, with other qualified training and experience, the military or project management instructors.
- $300 for application, review, processing, review, initiation, and certification
You May Like: Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician Training & Certification Program
Pmp Basics: Best Free Pmp Certification Online
If youre looking for free PMP courses, this Free Course to Learn Project Management Basics will teach you the most widely used project management methodologies for delivering successful projects.
By the end of this course, you will be knowledgeable about concepts like project planning, project time, cost quality management, and communication management. Youll also get familiar with project management roles and the most popular tools, such as Trello, an app known for its focus on the Kanban system and small learning curve.
This course is designed for beginners, aspiring project managers, marketing professionals, and AgileScrum professionals. You will receive a course completion certificate after completing the PMP basics course.
Get this PMP online course free here.
Online Project Management Graduate Certificate
The Boston University online Graduate Certificate in Project Management is an opportunity to study alongside motivated professionals as you master tools and techniques to help you deliver solutions on time and within budgetand to achieve the career advancement you seek in todays competitive project management environment.
Under the guidance of distinguished faculty, you will examine detailed case studies, conduct project simulations, and gain both theoretical and practical expertise in:
- Project planning and control
- Methodologies of effective leadership and motivation
- Essential project management tools and techniques
- Cost-management and risk management
- Project quality management and procurement management
Successful graduates will be prepared to move forward in a wide variety of project management related careers, and will have gained excellent preparation for PMP® Certification from the Project Management Institute.
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Project Management will be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in developing a project management life cycle.
- Proficiency in all basic project management tools and techniques, with an emphasis in communications, risk analysis, cost estimation and budgeting, and quality control.
- Knowledge of tools for project scheduling, templates for project management and communication, and techniques to measure cost variance, schedule variance, and earned value.
Read Also: Can You Find Your Birth Certificate Online
Icagile Certified Professional Agile Project And Delivery Management By Ica
The International Consortium for Agile offers the ICP-APM certification, which teaches skills and practices for successful Lean and Agile product delivery. In the course, students will learn how to identify process bottlenecks, facilitate incremental value delivery, and more.
At the end of the course, certification holders will possess knowledge and skills in:
- Delivery agility
- Continuous value delivery
- Planning and monitoring
The course cost varies depending on location, format, and other factors. However, to give readers a sense of what to expect, one online synchronous course in the US costs $1,100, while another costs $1,495.
The ICP-APM is one of three certification tracks, so if one chooses, they can become certified in ICP Delivery at Scale and ICE Expert in Delivery Management as well. It doesnt appear that these build off one another, so interested individuals can do just one, two, or all three in any order.
Top 10 Reasons To Get A Pmp Certification
The Project Management Professional ® is a globally acknowledged professional certification that validates a professionals education and experience in project management. This coveted credential is offered by the reputed Project Management Institute to professionals who qualify in the PMP Exam conducted by the Project Management Institute ®.
Why PMP certification? Here are the top 10 reasons you should consider getting PMP certified:
Don’t Miss: How To Find Birth Certificate Online
Capm: Certified Associate In Project Management
If youre looking for a certification that could distinguish you in the job market and enhance your credibility to manage projects, CAPM is the right choice. It demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology, and processes of effective project management. CAPM is valid for five years and doesnt require any Professional Development Units to be renewed.
- A secondary degree
- 1,500 hours of project experience
- 23 hours of project management education by the time you sit for the exam.
- Non-member: US $300.00
Earn A Valuable Credential Gain Skills
This online certificate is designed for professionals who want to prepare for Project Management Institute . certification and be more effective team leaders. Courses focus on a variety of topics including project risk management, team leadership, and schedule, cost, and budget control, covering core competencies recognized by the Project Management Institute .
Increase your efficacy as a project manager, and join the UVA family for life.
- Up to 45 PDUs for students with PMI® certifications
Students with PMI® certifications can earn up to 45 PDUs per course. PSPM and PSLP courses are eligible.
Agile Project Management is now a requirement for the PMP certification and is a program requirement for the UVA certificate, as of Summer 2019. It is recommended that students in the current program plan take this course to adequately prepare for the PMP exam.
Introduces students to the various aspects of the project life cycle and project management. Explores best practices and the application of these best practices for project success.
Introduces students to various concepts and techniques that can be used to effectively manage project risks including cost, schedule, technical, quality, managerial, and organizational.
Analyzes the difference between leadership and management in the project management environment. Evaluates the role of the project manager as team leader, and reviews the application of various leadership and management techniques to project management.
You May Like: California Sales Tax Exemption Certificate
Cpd: Certified Project Director
Conducted by GAQM, the Certified Project Director is globally recognized and is considered to be the most prestigious level of project management. It is designed for senior and experienced folks who wish to go beyond the usual PPM and become project management experts.
- The Certified Project Director Certification requires a mandatory E-Course completion requirement.
Fundamentals Of Project Planning And Management By The University Of Virginia: Best Free Project Management Training Exercises
The Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management is an introductory course that teaches the key concepts of planning and executing projects, available on Coursera. Over the course of four weeks, you’ll learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects.
You’ll get familiar with the most popular project management methodologies and the most common challenges of different types of projects. Risk management and assessing, prioritizing, and managing project risk are other skills you’ll gain. This course doesn’t include a sharable certification, although you can purchase it for $59.
Don’t Miss: Free Online Dog Training Certification
Reason #: Global Acknowledgement
There are famous institutes and online portals out there, like the Project Management Institute , that aim to offer world-class education and certifications to aspiring professionals. Once you get a certification from a reliable institute, you become qualified to showcase your skills to companies all over the world.
Project Management Training Certification
As a conglomerate of many courses, this one training program offers you 30 certifications on completion of all 30 courses. It is an online course that will provide you with lifetime access as well as 185+ hours worth of video tutorials. At the end of this 30 in 1 course, you will have certifications in 30 different attributes and the skill set that will help you implement all the latest project management technologies out there.
- No real requirements however, some basic knowledge about project management as a subject would be preferable.
Don’t Miss: Template Of Certificate Of Completion
Free Access To Emeritus Career Services
- This service consisting of the four career management modules is available only for Indian residents enrolled into select Emeritus programmes.
- This service is provided by Emeritus. IIM Lucknow is NOT involved in providing this service.
- All product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
Reason #: Better Opportunities
A project management certification helps you gain the trust of people on higher posts. As you develop the right skill set, they arent afraid before handing over a plum project to you. Also, a certification equips you with both knowledge and experience, enabling you to get project management jobs from great organizations.
You May Like: Osha Approved Cpr And First Aid Certification Online
Google Project Management Professional Certificate
Intelligent Award: Best Professional Outcomes
This course is offered by Google and provides a Google Career Certificate, making it a good choice for job seekers looking to boost their professional credentials. You can access it for free, but youll have to pay $39 per month if you want to receive a certificate of completion. Its also available as part of a Coursera Plus membership, which includes over 3,000 courses in all. Key topics include Agile project management, project documentation, and stakeholder management. Youll get access to over 140 hours of material, as well as hands-on projects and assessments. The full course takes six months to complete, at a pace of 10 hours per week.
- Price: $39 per month
Top Online Project Management Courses
There are no boundaries to learning. Trends are always changing and it is important for project managers to keep up with current best practices. From project management books to productivity apps, and online project management courses, there is an abundance of resources to help maximize efficiency at work.
In the past, learning has been restricted to classrooms and professors. But todays new wave of technology, including online course platforms and virtual learning websites, make it easy to take classes from anywhere. Our online learning opportunities are endless, but given you clicked on this article, you are probably looking for ways to learn about project management online. To make it easy to get started, we have rounded up the top free and paid online project management courses from the best sites. So read ahead and get started today!
P.S. Have you tried Hive? Test our powerful project management tool for free today.
Recommended Reading: Nh Certificate Of Good Standing
Highlights Of Our Project Management Undergraduate Certificate
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.coms top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why were committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, weve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our online Project Management Certificate program in about 2 semesters.
Grow With Google On Coursera
What we like about Grow with Google: This course is a great option if youre familiar with many Google suite products. Youll learn about traditional PM and agile methods, and the course is available via Coursera. Youll also learn about Scrum, building Scrum artifacts, and learn how to create effective project documentation.
Cost: Enroll for free
How to sign up:Follow this link
Read Also: Best Certificates Of Deposit Rates
Learn It Today Use It Tomorrow
Start or advance your career by learning to execute projects within scope and on budget, while meeting your organization’s strategic objectives. This U of A certificate validates your knowledge of the tools and skills needed to effectively manage projects and understanding of the global project management language.
Coursework in this online project management certificate program follows the Project Management Institute Body of Knowledge that helps prepare you to take an exam to become certified as a Project Management Professional, an internationally recognized certification offered by the Project Management Institute.
When you complete the 12 credit hours in this graduate certificate program, you can apply them toward masters degree programs offered by the College of Engineering:MS in Operations Management, MS in Engineering Management, and MS in Engineering.
- To be eligible, must have earned a bachelor’s degree
- Course can be applied towards a master’s degree
- Gain internationally recognized project management knowledge and skills
- Learn how to assume project leadership roles in industry and government
- To develop project leadership competencies
- To apply technical project management methods to new and troubled projects
- To use problem-solving skills in the project environment
- To transfer techniques to the workplace
Complete four of the eight-week courses:
- OMGT 5783 – Project Management for Operations Managers
- OMGT 5253 – Leadership Principles and Practices
Project Management Professional By Pmi
The Project Management Professional certification is offered through the Project Management Institute , the most prominent global organization for project management professionals.
PMI sets the standards and guidelines for PMP certification, which can be found in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, also known in its abbreviated form as simply the PMBOK Guide. In the process of preparing for the PMP exam, professionals will learn general project management skills and the latest best practices for the various stages of a project.
For PMI members, the exam fee is $405, and for non-members it is $555.
The PMP certification is meant for those with some experience and formal education in the field already. Prerequisites include:
- Four-year degree
- 35 hours of project management education/training or CAPM Certification
- Secondary degree
- 60 months leading projects
- 35 hours of project management education/training or CAPM Certification
Once earned, those who hold this certification can typically expect a salary increase. According to PMIs latest salary survey report, survey respondents with a PMP certification report earning 16% higher salaries on average, compared to those without a PMP certification.
The PMP certification is the go-to for experienced project management professionals.
Read more:When Is It Worth It to Get a PMP Certification?
Don’t Miss: Tabc And Food Handlers Certificate Texas
Why Online Bootcamp
- Develop skills for real career growthCutting-edge curriculum designed in guidance with industry and academia to develop job-ready skills
- Learn from experts active in their field, not out-of-touch trainersLeading practitioners who bring current best practices and case studies to sessions that fit into your work schedule.
- Learn by working on real-world problemsCapstone projects involving real world data sets with virtual labs for hands-on learning
- Structured guidance ensuring learning never stops24×7 Learning support from mentors and a community of like-minded peers to resolve any conceptual doubts