Tips For A Successful San Antonio Birth Records Search
The way the government has kept records has changed over time. While recordkeeping is accurate and methodical in the modern age, the same cannot be said for the past.
It was not uncommon for people to be unsure of the year they were born in. This is why birth records in San Antonio are excellent sources of information for the family historian.
Family researchers often have to paint a picture of their ancestors through little snippets of information.
If youre new to genealogy, or you need some tips to track down the birth records of an especially elusive ancestor, here are some top tips:
- Be aware that many older birth certificates didnt include the newborns first name. For this reason, you may have to rely on year ranges and family surnames.
- Work backward. Its often easier to find information on more recent ancestors and to work backward.
- Use other types of records to confirm whether an ancestor belonged to your family. Newspapers also published death notices and marriage announcements.
These simple research strategies can not only allow you to dig deeper but also enable you to double-check whether an ancestor belongs to your family tree.
Find San Antonio Birth Records
San Antonio Birth Records are documents relating to an individual’s birth in San Antonio, Texas. These can include birth certificates, birth indexes, and birth databases. Some states may also have paternity registries and affidavits of parentage for children born to single parents. Birth Records are kept by Vital Records Offices or the Clerk’s Offices, which may be run by the Texas state government or at the local level.
Find Birth Records, including:
Walk In By Appointment Only Click Here To Schedule
- Where we are: The Office of Vital Records is at 7201 Levander Loop, Building C, Austin, TX, 78702. It is on the Betty Dunkerley Campus next to the Animal Center.
- Our hours: The office is open from 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- Current government-issued photo identification is required. See the list of types of identification that are accepted.
- Bring an application for faster service while you are here. Download and print in English or Spanish.
- Payment: You can pay by cash, money order in the exact amount, personal check, or credit or debit card in your name.
- The cost for each birth certificate is $23.
- The cost for one death certificate is $21. If you order more copies at the same time, the cost for each extra one is $4.
Read Also: Cpr Certification American Red Cross
San Antonio Birth Certificate Required Information And Identification Documents
To get a certified copy of a San Antonio, Texas birth certificate, you will need to complete the online birth certificate application with the following personal details:
- Why do you need the certificate
- Mothers name or parents name prior to first marriage
- Fathers name or parents name prior to first marriage
Citizens applying for a certified copy of a San Antonio, Texas birth certificate are required to prove their identity.
Proof of identity can be submitted by producing one of the following acceptable identification documents, alongside the San Antonio birth certificate application form:
- Medicaid card or Medicare card
- DD Form 214 Certificate of Release
- Private company employment ID card
- Any document stated above that has expired
- Form I-94 – accompanied by the applicant’s visa or passport
- Foreign photo identification
- Foreign passport in accordance with the US Department of State, Visa Waiver Program
- Foreign passport accompanied by a visa issued by the US Department of State
- Certified birth certificate from the US Department of State
Citizens of San Antonio, Texas that do not have any of the aforementioned credentials at hand or on file, may have other options available to prove their identity.
Where Can I Get A Birth Certificate In San Antonio
If you are wondering about obtaining a birth certificate san antonio, then you should definitely contact 719 S Santa Rosa Ave, San Antonio, TX 78204, United States. Here you can be assisted in obtaining the necessary documents and after that you can easily look into our MJCBDD CBD Store on Blanco Road.
You May Like: California Sales Tax Exemption Certificate
To Obtain A Birth Certificate:
- You must be an immediate family member:
- Spouse – To obtain a Birth Certificate for your spouse, you must provide an ID showing the same last name as your spouse, and a medical or automobile insurance card also showing both names on the card.
- Parent – Your name must be on the Birth Certificate you are requesting.
- Sibling – You must have the same parents and provide us with a copy of your Birth Certificate for verification.
- Grandparent – You must provide a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate to show the relationship to the grandchild.
- Child – To obtain a Birth Certificate for your parent, we need to verify that their name is on your Birth Certificate.
Each certified copy of a Birth Certificate is $23.
Laws Effecting The Purchase Of Birth Records
Health and Safety Code 191.0031 Certified copies by mail The state registrar may not issue a certified copy of a record under this chapter to a person who has applied for the record by mail unless the person has provided notarized proof of identity in accordance with rules adopted by the executive commissioner of the Health and Human Service Commission. The rules require the issuer of the certified copy to verify the notarization using the records of the Secretary of State under Section 406.012, Government Code.
do to changes in the law, the Dallas County Clerk’s Offices will no longer accept the Matricula Consular Card as verification of identity for purchase of birth certificates or for obtaining confidential records.
Also Check: How To Get Google Analytics Certificate
San Antonio Birth Verification Letter
If you need to search for records to verify a birth that occurred in San Antonio or the rest of Bexar County, Texas from 1903, you may apply for a Texas birth verification letter. This document will state whether a record of birth for the citizen is on file in San Antonio or the rest of Texas.
The information provided in a San Antonio, Texas Birth Verification Letter includes the certificate bearers name, date of birth, and county where the birth occurred.
Please bear in mind that birth verification letters are not considered legal substitutes for certified copies of a San Antonio birth certificate.
San Antonio Birth Certificates Marriage Certificates And Divorce Records
Passports and Visas.com is a private passport expediting service that provides the following information on how to obtain birth certificates and other vital records in as a service to the public. We assist travelers in the San Antonio area with obtaining an expedited passport, passport renewal, or other passport or visa services. If you need a passport quickly, we can obtain your US passport application in as fast as 24 hours, with services starting at $89.
For help with your passport:
A birth certificate will be required in order to obtain a new passport. We suggest that you contact Vital Chek for your birth certificate as they are the only certified online source for direct processing of birth certificates and other vital documents. Once you have your birth certificate, come to us and we’ll process your passport in as little as 24 hours.
Need to know about passports or visas? Contact us or review our Travel Document Learning Center.
Our business is based on tremendous customer service. Many of our customers send us postcards and letters of gratitude for our services. Read some of our success stories.
Do you need a Passport inside 8 weeks?
You May Like: What Is Bls Certification For Nurses
Birth Certificates Available At Four San Antonio Public Library Branches
The San Antonio Public Library no longer issues Immunization Records. For more information regarding eligibility and requirements to obtain immunization records, please visit the San Antonio Metropolitan Health District at www.sanantonio.gov/health/Immunizations.html. City locations offering immunization records include:
- Frank Garrett Center, 1226 NW 18th St., 78207, 8 a.m. 4 p.m., M-F
- San Antonio Metro Health Immunization Branch Headquarters, 332 W Commerce St., San Antonio, TX 78205, 8 a.m. 3 p.m., M-F
Birth certificates are available year-round at the following San Antonio Public Library libraries through a partnership between the San Antonio Public Library and the Office of the City Clerk. Records will be provided in-person only with the proper supporting documents of identification. Hours of operation vary by location, so see www.mysapl.org for details.
- Las Palmas Branch Library, 515 Castroville Rd., 78237
- Great Northwest Branch Library, 9050 Wellwood St., 78250
- Thousand Oaks Branch Library, 4618 Thousand Oaks, Dr., 78233
- Mission Branch Library, 3134 Roosevelt Ave., 78214
Additional Long Form Birth Certificate Information
Long Form Birth Certificates are ONLY available for the following Dallas County Cities:
The following information is required for ALL applications:
- Full name as it appears on the birth record
- Date and county of birth
- Parent name, including mother’s maiden name
- Your relationship to the person named on the certificate
- Your mailing address
- Full name of hospital where the birth occurred
- In person, you will need to provide your original valid government issued ID
- In writing, you will need to send a notarized copy of your valid government issued ID
- Cost per copy is $23.03 money order, payable to John F. Warren, Dallas County Clerks Office
- A NON-REFUNDABLE SEARCH FEE OF $23.03 WILL APPLY FOR EACH RECORD NOT FOUND
- Turn around time is 2 to 4 weeks when applying by mail, payable by money order to John F. Warren, Dallas County Clerks Office.Do not send cash through the mail. If applying in person, you may pay in cash and receive the record while you wait.
- For more information call 653-7099.
Please note: The above information is required by Statute Texas Administrative Code Sec. 181.28. Birth records are considered confidential information therefore, all requirements must be met. More information about the code can be found on the Texas Secretary of State site – . If you are unable to meet the requirements, please contact the State Bureau of Vital Statistics in Austin. The toll-free phone number is 963-7111.
Don’t Miss: New York City Death Certificates
How To Obtain A San Antonio Texas Birth Certificate
Ordering an official copy of a birth certificate in San Antonio, Texas can be easily done online with little to no hassle.
Step by step instructions to order a government-issued copy of a San Antonio, Texas birth certificate:
Copies of Birth and Death Certificates may be ordered by mailing your application package to one of the addresses for vital records offices in Texas detailed below.
San Antonio Texas Birth Certificate Processing Times
San Antonio birth certificate applications will be processed once the request is submitted alongside the entirety of the documents required, as detailed above.
Birth certificate orders placed in San Antonio, Texas are usually filled within 6 to 8 weeks.
Citizens in urgent need of a certified copy of a birth certificate in San Antonio may print out their completed birth certificate application package, sign and present it in person with the required documents and fee using the walk-in services during opening hours.
Although obtaining a San Antonio, Texas birth certificate in person usually requires waiting in line for hours at the bureau of vital statistics, this may result in same-day delivery when the document is found on record at the same office make sure you are presenting your request at the office where the birth record was filed.
Recommended Reading: Order Death Certificate New York
San Antonio Texas Birth Certificate For Election Identification
The Texas Department of State Health Services waives the fees to obtain a certified copy of a birth record that will be used to specifically request an Election Identification Certificate issued by the Department of Public Safety .
Birth certificates for election identification in San Antonio or the rest of Texas can only be issued once during a citizen’s lifetime and bear the following message on the documents face:
“For Election Identification Purposes Only.”
The fee waiver is exclusively available for issuance of an EIC certified birth record. To qualify for the fee waiver, the San Antonio citizen must visit the vital records bureau in San Antonio or the rest of Texas.
This type of San Antonio birth certificate cannot be requested on behalf of another citizen.
Birth Verification Lettersan Antonio Texas
If you were born in San Antonio, Texas, and you need a Texas birth verification letter, we are here to help you out. Its never easy to show that you have a birth record in Texas. But various circumstances will require verification of a birth record, so youll want to ensure that you always receive the best possible value and quality services on the market.
When there is a Texas birth record filed in San Antonio, TX, our team will help you acquire a Texas birth verification letter as fast as possible.
We understand that getting a birth verification letter is not easy or fast. But we have the experience and means to help you with the entire process. We can access the birth records and if you have an San Antonio Texas birth record we will help you request and obtain a birth verification letter within 48-72 hours.
Its extremely important to acquire such a letter from a company that is based in Austin, Texas, where the Texas Vital Records office is located. Handling personal data is very sensitive, so its crucial to ensure that you work only with people that you can trust.
Every time you work with our team you will receive the best value and quality on the market. Thats because we value your privacy and security. You can count on our team to offer you all the support and assistance that you may need.
Who Can Request A Certified Copy Of A Birth Certificate In San Antonio Texas
During the restricted access period of 75 years past the filing date of a birth record, certified copies of a birth certificate can only be issued to qualified applicants, which include the following individuals:
- The registrant the person whose birth was recorded on the birth certificate
- Member of the registrants immediate family either by blood or marriage the registrants parents, children, spouse, siblings, or grandparents
- The registrants guardian
- The registrants legal representative or agent
Please note that original documents to prove identity, relationship, representation or legal interest _must _be produced alongside the application to qualify for a certified birth certificate to be issued in San Antonio, Texas .
Both the San Antonio birth certificate application and notarized proof of identificationmust be submitted along with a copy of acceptable identification in order for the vital record to be issued in San Antonio, Texas. Applications without a valid form of an identification document and the notarized sworn statement can not be processed.
Birth Certificatesan Antonio Texas
Having in your possession an official raised seal certified copy of your Texas Birth Certificate is very important, because it allows you to prove that you or your kids were legally born in the State of Texas and the United States whenever a company or government entity may ask to see it.
When you need to do a Texas vital records database search and obtainment request to receive a Texas Birth Certificate certified copy, you will have three different versions to choose from if you live in San Antonio Texas.
First, you have the Texas short form birth certificate. This is the most common type of birth certificate that you normally see, and it complies with many requirements. Its great if you want to register and enroll your kids for school, youth sports league, acquire a social security number, U.S drivers license, or get married.
Second, is the full size long form Texas birth certificate. This type of birth certificate has all your sensitive personal information listed on it. This birth certificate is required and accepted by all U.S state and federal agencies and is to be used for passport applications and renewals, traveling abroad with your kids, or applying for dual citizenship status.
Its not easy or fast to acquire an expedited copy of your Texas birth certificate if you live in San Antonio, TX, and thats why Birth Certificate Texas is here to assist and expedite this cumbersome government process for you.
Also Check: How To Get Your Pmp Certification
Birth And Death Certificates
The following birth and death records may be obtained from the Bexar County Clerks Office – Vital Statistics Department:
- All births, including home births, in the unincorporated parts of Bexar County before 1967
- All births that occurred in the rural part of Bexar County before 1967
- All births that occurred in Wilford Hall Military Medical Center before 1967
- Death records that took place at home in rural Bexar County between 1903-1967
- All delayed death records and court ordered delayed death records from 1903-present
- Births or Deaths that took place in a hospital during this period are available through the Office of the City Clerk of San Antonio. You may contact them at .
Copies of Birth and Death Certificates may be purchased from the County Clerk by mail by filling out the “Request a Birth/Death Certificate” application, having it notarized, and mailing it to:
Bexar County Clerk, Attn: Vital Statistics Dept.100 Dolorosa, Suite #104